In a surprising turn of events, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC following an argument with an unnamed producer, and Top Gear has been pulled off the air, at least temporarily. This Sunday’s show was set to feature Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May pitting three classic convertibles against each other, while a British sports broadcaster was to be the "star in a reasonably priced car."
The BBC said: “Following a fracas with a BBC producer Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation. No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time.” Clarkson was already on probation after he allegedly use the "n" word while shooting the BBC car show in 2012. He had been given his "final warning" in May 2014, when BBC’s director of television ordered an internal investigation on Top Gear concerning a row of racism allegations.
In 2014, after the internal BBC investigation was concluded, the controversial presenter said that the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he makes "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time." It is not yet clear if the suspension is strictly related to the argument between the BBC producer and Clarkson or with Top Gear in general, but the viewers are likely the biggest victims in the end.
Continue reading to learn more about Jeremy Clarkson’s suspension.
BBC Suspends Jeremy Clarkson; Top Gear Won't Be Televised On Sunday originally appeared on topspeed.com on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 13:30 EST.
from Top Speed http://ift.tt/1E9xjE8
via IFTTT
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire