Honda’s 2015 motorsports activities aren’t just limited to its Formula One return this coming March. The Japanese company also competes in the FIM Endurance World Championship and in time for the start of that EWC season this coming April 18, 2015 at the Le Mans 24 Hours, Honda has reconfirmed its commitment and brought back its trio of riders, namely Julien Da Costa, Freddy Foray, and Sebastian Gilbert.
The three riders will continue putting into action the new approach Honda took last year when it finished seventh overall in the 2014 Endurance World Championship. Last year’s finish was a significant improvement from its 2013 campaign when the Honda TT Legends finished a disappointing 18th overall.
But the TT Legends have been put to pasture in favor of the three endurance experts, which Honda expects will continue in their impressive showing last season. The three riders are expected to ride the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP race package as the team tries to improve on its 2014 showing. That’s a job far easier said than done given how strong the competition is. Vaulting from seventh all the way to a title finish isn’t unprecedented, but it’s also not a walk-in-the-park, either.
Honda thinks it now has the horses to get it done. Only time will tell if said horses have the gallop in them to prove their team right. The full calendar of the 2015 Endurance World Championship season has yet to be announced by the FIM. That said, we already know where and when the season’s going to begin so that’s something we can all look forward to.
Click past the jump to read more about the FIM Endurance World Championship.
Honda Introduces 2015 FIM Endurance World Championship Racing Team originally appeared on topspeed.com on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 14:00 EST.
from Top Speed http://ift.tt/14ScVLr
via IFTTT
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire