The comeback saga of the Renault Alpine has been rather confusing lately. After the Renault-Caterham joint venture, essential for the sports car’s development program, had been dissolved it seemed that the rebirth of the Alpine brand might never happened. Then last week Renault confirmed the highly anticipated sports car remains on track for a 2016 release.
Speaking at the 2014 Paris Motor Show, Renault boss Carlos Ghosn told WhatCar? the Alpine project is continuing as planned, with the sports car to arrive in 2016 despite delays caused by the split. "While it would have been better to split the investment with a partner, it wasn’t possible to agree it [sic]. Now it is better that we go alone – and the project is continuing as planned."
The news was confirmed by Renault chief designer Laurens van den Acker as well, who expressed regrets for the Renault-Caterham joint venture being dissolved in 2014. However, van den Acker said the company has "made some good progress" on its own.
Click past the jump to read more about the 2016 Renault Alpine.
Renault Alpine Confirmed: Coming In 2016 originally appeared on topspeed.com on Thursday, 9 October 2014 14:00 EST.
from Top Speed http://ift.tt/1slIF3V
via IFTTT
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire