mercredi 3 septembre 2014

Confusion Reigns On The Status Of The Lexus LFA Successor



Ok, this is getting ridiculous. A successor to the Lexus LFA has been a heated topic largely because everybody seems to have an opinion on whether Lexus is planning one or not. A few weeks ago, Lexus Executive Vice President Mark Templin told Automotive News that Toyota President Akio Toyota wants to build an LFA for this generation of vehicles.


But now, Yukihiko Yaguchi, the chief engineer of Lexus’ RC F program, told CarAdvice at the launch of the RC F in New York last week that there are no active plans to build a successor to the LFA.


So who do we believe now?


If we’re basing it on hierarchy, Templin’s statement might have more weight to it, and let’s be honest, we want to believe the guy because he’s the one who said that an LFA supercar successor is going to happen!


Is it possible that Yaguchi, whose statements were said via an interpreter, may have been misquoted? I personally don’t know and I’d like to believe that our colleagues at CarAdvice vetted that information before posting it.


Or maybe both guys are actually saying the same thing but with different timetables? Maybe Yaguchi is right by saying that Lexus has no immediate plans, and Templin is also correct that Lexus is planning on building one, just not right now?


Are you confused yet?


Hopefully, we have a clearer answer soon because all this “will they-won’t they” talk is giving me a headache.

Click past the jump to read more about the Lexus LF-A.


Confusion Reigns On The Status Of The Lexus LFA Successor originally appeared on topspeed.com on Wednesday, 3 September 2014 08:00 EST.


read more










from Top Speed http://ift.tt/1uAmx41

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire